sheet summaries roll up

This appears to be a common question but just for clarity

re the sheet summary:

can these values be referenced directly by link or formula in another sheet to create a rollup sheet for project portfolio reporting?

as far as i can tell the answer is not

watching an online seminar that per sheet summary functionality (Best in Class Project Management with Smartsheet), the presenter built the summary metrics in the main sheet as a series of rows which could be linked

this would appear to make the sheet summary functionality of limited value

am i misunderstanding?

for clarity im in the purchasing phase of smartsheet so am a very green user.

any help appreciated.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Andy,

Unfortunately, you're correct, and it's not possible at the moment to link Sheet Summary information outside of the sheet it's in, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment

There are a couple of workarounds, and the best depends on your specific needs and process.

• You could use rows with the metrics.
    • You could have it collected on one row, so it's easy to include in the Sheet Summary, but also to cell-link to a so-called roll-up or Master Metric Sheet
    • Use a so-called Master Metrics Sheet to collect all metrics as needed through cell-links or/and cross-sheet formulas

Would any of those options work/help? Which one do you prefer?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.