Update Form not showing sheet title

Yes, I have several smart sheets that send out update request to users.. That part works fine.. What I notice is that when the user the request, they click on the button in the email that says "Open Update Form" and the form opens in the regular browser.. The fields look fine but the form does not have the name of the of the sheet on it.. The update form is set to classical mode that should have the sheet name to the left of the form fields.. on the preview of the form, it shows the name of the sheet correctly to the left. But it does not show up when the user clicks on the button Open Update Form.. Thoughts?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Buster,

You can’t change the design type on the Update Request ”form”. It’s on the web form you can change it.

You could add a message that would show in the Update Request to show the name of the sheet.

Would that work?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• I am not sure if I follow you response, you stated it is a web form that you can change but prior to that you state that you can not change it so I am confused.. You go on to saying can ad a message on the update form request showing the name of the sheet.. How does one do that?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry about the confusion.

To clarify:

There are two features in Smartsheet that are similar.

Webform = A form on the web that you can fill in to start a process or similar

Update Request = Feature to request information from anyone

In the Webform, it's possible to change the design.

Here's where you can add a subject and a message.

Make sense?

Would that work?

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.