Index Match help

2»

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

There should actually only be a small amount of adjustments made. I'll try to highlight them here...

=INDEX({Ouput}, MATCH(IF([Stage 2 FA]@row < INDEX({S2Low}, MATCH(Substrate@row, {Sub}, 0)), "LOW", IF([Stage 2 FA]@row > INDEX({S2High}, MATCH(Substrate@row, {Sub}, 0)), "HIGH", "OKAY")) + "-" + IF([Stage 2 TA]@row < INDEX({S2Low}, MATCH(Substrate@row, {Sub}, 0)), "LOW", IF([Stage 2 TA]@row > INDEX({S2High}, MATCH(Substrate@row, {Sub}, 0)), "HIGH", "OKAY")) + "-" + IF([Stage 2 Ratio]@row < INDEX({S2Low}, MATCH(Substrate@row, {Sub}, 0)), "LOW", IF([Stage 2 Ratio]@row > INDEX({S2High}, MATCH(Substrate@row, {Sub}, 0)), "HIGH", "OKAY")), {FA-TA-RATIO}, 0))

The two bold references are all that you should need to change.

{Ouput} - This is going to be the right-hand column in your second screenshot of the original post (nevermind the typo haha).

{FA-TA-RATIO} - This is going to be the left-hand column in your second screenshot of the original post.

Other than that, you should be able to use cross sheet references you already have in place for the initial INDEX/MATCH functions, and I tried to get the column names to match what you have provided in other comments here.

• Elizabeth Aird
    Elizabeth Aird ✭✭✭✭

Paul - Just wanted you to know how much I appreciated all the help!!! The log is for one of our critical processes on the manufacturing line. It's not transparent but boy this helps!!!!!

Again - if you were here I'd give you a giant AIR hug!!!

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help! 👍️

Feel free to come on back to the Community if you need help with anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!