I need help for creating formula for automatic checkbox

Hi everyone

I need to create formula which works as follow.

If I put any date in column Completion date then checkbox Done will be in status checked automatically

Best Answer

Answers

• Copy the following formula into the Done column

=IF(COUNT([Completion date]) = 1, 1, 0)

• I got another problem

I got column Chart counting . I would like to have formula there which put 1 if "done" column is checked and 0 if is unchecked.

I need some column which count which task are closed and which are not to create chart. My idea was to add clumn Chart counting and take data from there. Many you have another better idea. I would like to create chart which based on "done" column and it will show how many tasks are done how many tasks are not done and show it on the chart. In addition information about total number of task will be also very helpful .

• Linda F
    Linda F ✭✭✭✭✭

@Andrée Starå What if I have 2 date columns that I need consider (either-or needs to be updated, not both) to trigger the one checkbox? For example, one date is for returns and one date is for new submissions. The form triggers a request and once the request is complete then the option is to update the 'Date Returned' field or update the 'Request Complete Date'. Either will provide a checkbox which will move the row to the archive sheet. This is my current formula =IF(ISDATE([Date Returned]@row), 1). The other field I need to include is 'Request Complete Date'. Automation will move my row based on the checkbox.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Linda F

Apologies, I missed your post.

Try something like this.

=IF(OR([Date Returned]@row <> ""; [Request Complete Date]@row <> ""); 1)

The same version but with the below changes for convenience.

=IF(OR([Date Returned]@row <> "", [Request Complete Date]@row <> ""), 1)

Depending on your country/region, you'll need to exchange the comma to a period and the semi-colon to a comma.

Did that work?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!