Best Way for Attendance Tracking?

I have a list of 300 staff, then columns like manager, employee ID etc.

I would like to set up an automation to send an update request to that staff's manager everyday asking them to update whether or not the staff was working on that day.

I also want to track the attendance by day, so I can't overlap the previous day's entry. at the end of the month i can say that John worked 14/15 workdays in April.

What is the easiest most efficient way to do this, other than adding a new column for every day, then setting up an automation for every single day. ie. on Tuesday, send update request to contact in manager field to update column "Tuesday Apr 22". then again on wednesday etc.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Arthur,

I’d recommend to either setting up a recurring alert with a link to a form or an automated update request in a structured sheet with 1 date for each row.

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• ArthurC
    ArthurC ✭✭✭✭

HI Andree,

I don't think either of those solutions will work. At least not right now without the conditional forms. It would mean that the manager would have to complete 1 form for each staff member. and each day i would receive 300 new rows. with the conditional forms set to come out shortly, i might be able to add a condition, select manager from dropdown, and then only provide updates for their staff only

if i put the dates as rows, i would have 300 different columns, 1 for each staff member. and I think i would still have to set up multiple automations. unless you can elaborate on how the workflow would look?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@ArthurC

I assume you've seen that the Login in forms is released now.

How did it go? Did you get it working?

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.