Is it possible to increase the limitation in a sheet?

Options

Hi

I have made a sheet to collect some important information in a sheet and i have got a message that I have reached cell limit of 200,000 for this sheet, So I would like to ask if Is it possible to increase the limitation in this sheet?

Answers

• Alejandra
    Alejandra Employee
    Options

Hi @Mohammed Alolayan,

Smartsheet recently increased the sheet size limit from 5,000 rows to 20,000 rows. For sheets approaching this size, we recommend taking a look at ways you can move completed items to another sheet, split up data into different time frames or other logical groupings.

When you have a moment, please submit a Product Enhancement Request to let our Product team know that you'd like to create sheets larger than 20,000 rows.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Mohammed Alolayan,

The new cell limit is 500,000 so you shouldn't have an issue. (see below)

If you're still having issues and if you haven’t already, I would recommend that you reach out to the Smartsheet Support Team.

Available on all plan types, sheets now support up to 20,000 rows, 400 columns, 500,000 cells, 100,000 cross-sheet cell references, and 20,000 cell links. In addition, users will see up to 2x faster load times and up to 6x faster sheet scrolling.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• mccoy_FSI
    mccoy_FSI ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I actually reached the 400 column limit on my database. I can't split up the sheets because almost all the columns are required to generate fairly large, but standardized documents with. I need about 80 more columns, I guess until they change the max column limit I have to use a workaround of having a few different document templates prepopulated with the data I can do that with, this helps eliminate about 80 columns for me, but then I need 6 different document mappings instead of one.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @mccoy_FSI

I hope you're well and safe!

Expanding the number of columns is a great idea! That would be a great addition to Smartsheet features.

Please submit this as a Product Feedback or Idea (If it hasn't been added already) when you have a moment.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Mrbougles
    Mrbougles ✭✭✭
    Options

I'm considering using it in this same fashion. i.e. to create large documents with more than 400 fields. how many pages are your document? I'll need to go through some of my documents and count the number of fields I might need. Some of the documents are inspection documents about 80 pages long where the inspector has to complete the form / document. I suspect Smartsheet isn't the tool for that job but it is an interesting thought. Microsoft forms/FSM, device magic, fastfield, nintex, etc and others are more built for this kind of thing. Smartsheet is close to having everything needed though so it is a bit frustrating when we are paying for it already.

Did you ever come up with any way forward for your situation?