Resource Management Monthly Allocation

Hi,

Is there a way to do resource management in a month to month fashion?

I would like to assign a different % allocation to resources from month to month

Thank you!

Answers

• Hi Sonny,

If you're using Resource Management from your project settings, this will actually roll up into an overall Report that shows the % allocation throughout the month (broken down by week & day).

Instead of accessing the Resource View from within a sheet, go to the tab on the left under your Home tab and select Resource Views. You can read more about this and view a short video in our Help Center, here: https://help.smartsheet.com/learning-track/smartsheet-advanced/resource-management

If I've misunderstood your question, it would be helpful to know a bit more about your project, perhaps even seeing some screen captures? But please block out any sensitive data.

You may also want to look into the resource platform 10,000ft, see here: https://help.smartsheet.com/learning-track/getting-started-10000ft

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Hi,

I have the same issue. I would like to have a way to rollup the team allocation to a month level. Please see the following example.

Our projects do not required a daily/weekly allocation view, as they are multi-year projects that would required a very detailed planning to reflect the appropriate level of details.

So, I would like to know if there's a way to get the 63% allocation per month, that I show in the blue cell, as our monthly resource management meetings require that number (pretty standard practice outside the software development world), and not the individual efforts per day of the resource.

The level of coordination required in an organization to get an agreement at a daily-effort view, per person is huge and it is not worth the effort. The consequence here is that organizations are using a different tool (exporting to Excel -.- or integrating with something else) to accomplish that goal. Imagine if a portfolio of 100 projects with 5.000 people and then having to match allocations per day, per resource.