Survey Scoring

Options

Hi,

I have put together a customer survey with YES and NO response type questions.

I need to assign "Yes" with the value "1" and "No" the value "0" for scoring purposes. Not sure as to how to go about doing it. Please advise.

Thanks

Roman

(Novice)

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Roman,

It depends on the structure of your sheet.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Roman Pillay
    Options

Hi Andre'e,

Thank you for your update. I haven't done any formulas etc. Please see snapshot of what I have done thus far.

It is a basic survey to gauge where our clients are at regarding IT governance.

What I require is for the "YES's" above to be assigned the value "1" and the "NO's" to be assigned the value "0" so in this way I may do a sum of all the ones and we will derive a value scale rating.

Thanks

Roman

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Roman Pillay

Happy to help!

Try something like this. This will count all YES.

=COUNTIF(ColumnA@row:ColumnG@row; "YES")

The same version but with the below changes for convenience.

=COUNTIF(ColumnA@row:ColumnG@row, "YES")

Depending on your country/region, you'll need to exchange the comma to a period and the semi-colon to a comma.

Would that work?

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!