External form with report output

Hi, Can anyone please help with my query.

I am looking to create an end user form to provide a quote to customers. The idea/hope is that a customer will fill in a Smartsheet form with some required information. They would then submit their responses.

Ideally, we would then like to populate some answers and show that back to the user.

Example, they would like

Number of Apples = 1

Number of Oranges = 3

They click submit

They then get the total price of these items returned to them. I would ideally use the form layout as it is clean and simple for an end user from external company rather than have them updating a Smartsheet itself.

Thanks

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

The customer could fill in the form and then the calculation is done automatically in the sheet and then you could have an automatic alert sent with the pricing information.

Would that work?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thanks for the quick response. To ensure I understand...So they could complete the information, including their email. This in turn could populate some fields and the sheet calculates. Once calculated, it triggers an alert and updates the email address provided? That could work, I will have a practice

• Hi,

I have had a look at this and I may be missing something. I can set up an alert, but it only seems to give me the option of adding some standard text.

Is there any way to set up an alert to send a report or copy of a form to a contact?

I would need the alert to trigger a communication that had a certain level of detail in it, rather than a bit of text if that makes sense?

Thanks

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help!

You can add an alert and set it up to include the fields of your choosing (copy of the form). You could also add a link to a live report.

Would that work/help or do you need something more advanced?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thanks Andree

I have managed to add the fields into the email, so thank you for that. i am struggling to get the emails to send but I should be able to figure that out.

I think the above should answer what I need.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent!

I'm always happy to help!

Regarding the email sending.

First, make sure that you have allowed yourself to receive notifications properly in your Personal Settings (circle/profile in the upper right corner) and secondly check the Permission setting for the Automations. (cog in the top right corner in the Automation overview)

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

• Sorry, looking at this further...

The email comes through with a link to the smartsheet and also comes from the email address of the employee user. Is there any way to avoid this?

Ideally I would like the email to be from a generic email and have as little of the smartsheet branding/functionality on as possible. It would be great if it could just look like the format of the form but in an email?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@sdjpaterson

It's because of a recent update to Smartsheet.

There are a few possible workarounds. One is to change the Displayed name of the contact, and another one is to create a specific user for when this needs to be more general.

Make sense?