Lookup item in sheet and move data.

Hello,

I would like in a form input a tagnumber like 1212122. Then after the form is submitted smartsheet will

lookup this tagnummer in the main sheet. Then if found move the complete content of that row to another sheet

and ( not just the form contents ). I made this tagnumber the primary column in both sheets. i am able to move the data with a workflow, but will only move data that was input in the form and not the whole row in the main sheet.

If tagnumber is not found somehow notify user that tag is not in main sheet.

Is there a way of doing this or am I asking to much of smartsheet capabilities.

I appreciate any help, Thank you, Rudy

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

A Move Row Automation should be moving the entire row. What exactly is not moving over?

You can set up an Alert Automation to be triggered when a row is added and the tagnumber is blank. If you are capturing an email address, you can have it automatically sent to the person in the email address column.

• Hi Paul,

Yes, manual move does all the data, but the input in the form containing some of the columns will add a new row

at the main sheet with most columns blank. This row then moves to the other sheet with the move row auto. I need all

the data in that row that was selected by the tag selection ( vlookup ?) to move.

Is that possible ? Thanks for your help. Rudy

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

So you are using the form to try to update a different row? Can you provide more details on how exactly your process is working?

• Hi Paul,

I have a main sheet with a IT device inventory of a school. Primary column is tag number. I am trying to update a row

( device ) by tagnumber and change to status to "In repair". Would like to have these devices in a separate sheet so

I can work on more repair details. I created a Form that collects the tag number, date and few more columns. But

not close to all the other rows. The user will submit the form and the row will be added to the main sheet, but will leave

most of the columns empty, except to ones in the form. What I would like it to do is find the row with the tag number in

the main sheet, update those couple of rows and then move it to the repair sheet only if the tag has been found.

Hope this helps explaining. Thank for your help. Rudy

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Have you looked into Update Requests instead of forms to update the row that needs the data?