Platform for scope approval, documenting stakeholder's approval/denial, sharing documents

Community,

I need to build a Project collaboration platform in my smartsheet that can do following

1) Request Input from various stakeholders( i have my smartsheet built for Project)

2) ability for me to send documents to multiple stakeholders when one phase is completed, asking for their approval, capturing their approval etc.

3) Getting email alerts when documents are approved etc.

Please let me know how I can do this, Thanks for help!

P

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi P,

1. I'd recommend using update requests if possible, but it depends on your specific use-case.
    2. You can either use the Automation, Approval Workflow, or the Proofing process. The best choice again depends on your specific use-case.
    3. Both options in 2. will send alerts, but you have more flexibility with the Approval Workflow.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

Would any of those options work/help?

Which one do you prefer?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• PMOguru
    PMOguru ✭✭

Thank You Andrée,

Please see below attached screen shot.

as you can see we have different activities/project phases in "deliverable' column.

when we reach a milestone. i will like Person in "Project Owner" column to have ability to send review requests with approval/denial. Most of the times, people who will need to approve it will be listed in the "Region, PL, function owner" column.

I was thinking of attaching a document in the attachment Column. Will like to interact with "Region owners" on a document, capture their comments and document their approval.

This way, we can have visiblity to project schedule, attach document that was approved at each stage, capture who approved the document etc.

is this possible in smartsheet and also in MS teams?

Thanks

P

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@PMOguru

Yes, it's possible.

It sounds like the Proofing process would work best because there you can comment and point out specifics in the document.

What do you think?

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• PMOguru
    PMOguru ✭✭

Thanks Andree, I will look into this.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/21/20

@PMOguru

You're more than welcome!

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!