Measuring Approval Success Rate

Hi

I have an approval flow that has multiple approvals. All works well and is effective. I want to start to measure the success rate against each approval stage.

For example how many approval request at each stage go through first time or are declined and need more information.

Is there away I can capture the number of declines in the system against each approval stage?

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• Simon Wilcock
    Simon Wilcock ✭✭✭✭

Yes, of course, copy to another sheet and then count instances of each row on that other sheet. I’ll have a play.

A general question on approval workflow, if someone declines and asks more information, can you get the flow to go back into the original approval route to re-request approval. I assume you can just by copying the original flow into the declined line and do this for every stage that has a decline option?

Thanks for help!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Simon Wilcock

Happy to help!

Excellent! Let me know how it goes!

Regarding the Approval Workflow. Yes, as long as the condition you set is true it would trigger again. It can be a little tricky!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Simon Wilcock
    Simon Wilcock ✭✭✭✭

Andree

I have the request for more information going back to the initial submitter but it just stops there. I cannot find a way to restart the whole approval process.

Can you think of a way I get this to work? I didn't want to copy the whole approval process down each leg of the potential decline option. In total I have 5 layers of approval and each could approve or decline (with a request for more information).

I tried changing the initial trigger to a change of a modification column value but then got a lot of emails, I guess, each was triggered by each column change on the sheet!

Thanks

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Simon Wilcock

Apologies, but I hadn't seen your answer on this post either. I'll take a look and get back to you as soon as I can.

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!