Resource allocation %

if people are working on multiple projects, is there a way to get their available % on the sheet in a column? Something like "Overall resource availability". For ex. If Person X is working 50% on project A on date 5/18/2020, I f I am working on project B and add Person X to this project on a line item with date 5/18/2020, it should tell me his availability for that day is 50%. I understand resource management has a view that can be used, but I would rather have this information auto populated on the project plan in the "Availability %" column to easily plan.

Answers

• Hi Arun,

You are correct, Resource Management does have a view which can show you each person's availability for this day; it will also give you a red icon on the row within the sheet if you accidentally over-allocate someone who has tasks on other sheets.

Otherwise, you could potentially set up a Report to pull in what rows are assigned to specific people to see what they are working on for that day.

If this doesn't work for you, you may want to take a look at 10,000ft as an alternate option.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!