Portfolio Management - airtable vs smartsheet

Options

I have been asked to look at Airtable. Currently our team uses smartsheet. Our team is leaning towards Airtable due to its easy and customized views, plus ability for executives and stakeholder to create their customized views.

How good is airtable compared to smartsheet

1. How good is airtable for work collaboration - so that extended team can collaborate at all project phases ?
  2. Gantt chart and dependency - have read negative reviews? how this can be accomplished by airtable?
  3. Parent - child relationships - smartsheet does that very nicely for Program - Project - milestone - activity level zooming tracking & reporting, can it be done by airtable?
  4. executive level dashboards - can you give read only access to executives?
  5. If we do reach a decision to use airtable, can smartsheet information be imported in airtable without loosing ( conditional formatting, formulas etc.)

Will like to talk to someone who have used both the platforms ( Smartsheet and airtable?). May look at hiring a solution expert to evaluate this and help with the transition

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @PMOguru

In my humble opinion. (I might be a little biased as a Smartsheet Partner and Consultant).  😉 

I would say that they are similar in some ways but way different in others.

I've looked at Airtable for clients previously, and so far, we have always either started or continued with Smartsheet.

But, of course, it depends on the needs and use-case.

Airtable is powerful with all the different integrations and possibilities, but with all that it adds to the complexity, and also it doesn't make it as unified and a recognizable experience as Smartsheet. I would love for Smartsheet to have some of the features from Airtable, but only if it can be accomplished in a structured and effective way. The last time I looked at it and compared. I thought that Airtable isn't as efficient as Smartsheet. Smartsheet is super fast to work with, and it's easy to update and drill down to details when needed, and the users understand it almost instantly because it looks like and acts like a spreadsheet.

I hope that helps!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.