formula to insert the date it was checked in a date column

Is there a formula for when my Paid column is checked it triggers the Check Date column to display the date?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/22/20

Hi @Lisa_Doris

Unfortunately, it's not possible at the moment to lock the date, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment

As a workaround, You could use the 3rd party service, Zapier or a solution I developed where you can store the date/value, which enables you to see which one was changed first.

You'd use the copy-row automation and a VLOOKUP or combination of INDEX/MATCH to make it work.

We'd trigger the copy-row to another sheet and get the created date and then use the VLOOKUP/INDEX/MATCH to get it back to the main sheet in another so-called helper column. As long as you have a unique id/values that we can use it will work.

Also, this opens up more options with auto-numbering and more.

Make sense?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!