Formulas Issue when adding rows using datamesh to target sheet

Hi guys

We have a source sheet that creates new rows ( sequentially) when new information is added. this source sheet is the master source for different departments. When a new row is added in the source sheet that has to do with my department I push it through datamesh to my Target Sheet. I have two situations that are hard to manage

1. Since the source sheet generates a sequence of numbers, when some of them are copied to my target sheet, sometimes they are copied some rows under the last row.
  2. On the other hand, the target sheet is full with formulas and the new rows do not keep the formulas and I have to drag and drop the formula manually.

does anyone know what to do?

Thanks

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi Oscar,

I'm unable to replicate what you're describing; formulas should auto-fill as long as there are 2 rows above with the same formula (see here).

I would suggest reaching out to Smartsheet Support, providing them with screen captures (or even a screen recording) along with the sheet name(s) so that they can troubleshoot this with you.

Thanks!

Genevieve

• Hi Genevieve

you reply answers my 2nd question and it is because of the 1st question. I mean if the target sheet copies the new rows below an empty row. As soon as I see the problem again I'll take a picture

Thanks a lot

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Oh I see, yes of course! If there are gaps between when the rows are coming through then the formula won't auto-fill.

It may then have to do with the fact that new rows, whether submitted through a form or config like this, require completely fresh/blank rows to populate into. If you are removing information from the sheet by deleting cell content, make sure you are actually deleting the entire row (instead of just clearing out the current content). There should be no cell history in the cells. I hope that makes sense!

Thanks,

Genevieve