How to embed a Smartsheet URL of a gantt onto a Dashboard

Hello. I am trying to put a gantt onto a dashboard. The advantage of using the web content widget is that you can visualize the indented hierarchy and in fact collapse it for a higher level view for some audiences, but expand it when you need to.

Below is a picture showing the sheet that I am embedding as the web content widget:

You can see the sheet is not set to open to today, but defaults to the beginning of the project. But when I embed the Published URL for the sheet into the web content widget in the dashboard, it defaults to today in the display:

Now I can use the vertical scroll bar to get to the horizontal scroll bar and scroll over each and every time we or an Executive opens this, but that seems a bit much. Is there a way to get this to not default to today?

Thanks.

Answers

• Ramzi K
    Ramzi K ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @mikeb,

It appears to be a limitation of the tool. That setting doesn't appear to carry over to the embedded project plan.

Cheers,

Ramzi

Ramzi Khuri - Principal Consultant @ Cedar Tree Consulting (www.cedartreeconsulting.com)

Feel free to email me: ramzi@cedartreeconsulting.com

💡 If this post helped you out, please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful.