Incorrect Argument Set: Nested IF Formula with 3 Logic Statements

Lisa_Doris
Lisa_Doris ✭✭✭✭
edited 05/27/20 in Formulas and Functions

I have the following formula that works and I would like to add one more criteria, if Bid? = "Bid" then return 100% in %Complete Column

This is the original working formula:

=IF([Include in Estimate]@row = 0, 1, IF(OR(NOT(ISBLANK(Units@row)), NOT(ISBLANK([Fixed Cost]@row))), 0.25, 0))

This is my edit which returns the Incorrect Argument Set

=IF([Include in Estimate]@row = 0, 1, IF(OR(NOT(ISBLANK(Units@row)), NOT(ISBLANK([Fixed Cost]@row))), 0.25, 0), IF([Bid?]@row = "bid", 1))

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi Lisa,

Do you want this to be the last thing that the formula looks at? Since logic formulas read left-to-right, it will stop once it finds a correct match... so with your order it would only look at the Bid? column if your previous two statements aren't met. Is that what you want?

If so, we just need to adjust the 0) to be at the very end of your formula. Right now you've closed off your statement then added on another IF - we need all 3 IF's to be open until the very end. Try this:

=IF([Include in Estimate]@row = 0, 1, IF(OR(NOT(ISBLANK(Units@row)), NOT(ISBLANK([Fixed Cost]@row))), 0.25, IF([Bid?]@row = "bid", 1, 0)))

Let me know if this works!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!