Help with Sheet Summary Formulas to Create a Metric Sheet and Dashboard Chart

Hi!

I'm managing a retrofit project and the end goal is to create an executive dashboard highlighting key metrics in the form of charts and/or graphs.

From what I've found via searches, it seems like I need to utilize the Summary function on a sheet (my rollout schedule, in this case) in order to pull metrics the data into a widget on a dashboard. Also, from what I'm finding, I need to brush up on my formulas/functions knowledge because every thing I've tried based on similar forums all return errors such as #unparseable.

Here's an example of the columns I'm trying to summarize:

Essentially, I'd like to perform a count function to report the total number of pilot sites, total number of alpha sites and so on (beta, rollout). I'm also trying to summarize how many have been installed, how many are on hold, ready, pending, etc.

It seems like I need to use sheet summary and add formulas to create metrics which I would then pull into a dashboard for the graphs.

Please let me know if additional information is needed and thanks in advance for the guidance.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @bthorn

Try something like this.

Replace the values, "Pilot" or "Installed" with what you want to count.

Phase

=COUNTIF(Phase:Phase; CONTAINS("Pilot"; @cell))

The same version but with the below changes for convenience.

=COUNTIF(Phase:Phase, CONTAINS("Pilot", @cell))

Install Status

=COUNTIF([Install Status]:[Install Status]; "Installed")

The same version but with the below changes for convenience.

=COUNTIF([Install Status]:[Install Status], "Installed")

Depending on your country/region, you'll need to exchange the comma to a period and the semi-colon to a comma.

Did they work?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!