Attachments in notification for Update Request or Alert

Hi,

I have read all the suggestions on how to get an attachment added to an alert in a workflow or Update Request. I have done both scenerios and the attachments still do not come through.

Has there been any update to this? I see this has been an issue going back to 2019 and continues to be an issue.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Yvie

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Yvie,

It should work if one of the two options below is correct.

1. In an Alert, the trigger has to be for the added attachment
    2. In an Update Request, it should be included if you have selected to include it in the Advanced Settings in the Action.

Did that help/work?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• I did the Update Request and it does work just as long as they click on Open Update Request. I may be able to work the Update Request feature in my process actually.

Thanks,

Yvie

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help!

Excellent!

To simplify, you could add a description that they need to click to see the attachment.

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.