Ideas for creation of a sign up sheet - don't show options that have been taken?

Hello,

I have been asked to create an app that will allow people to sign up for a date to perform a task. We want to limit the number of people to 2 per day so I need a way to have people sign up for a date and have date for which two people have already signed up no longer show in the form or report or whatever data collection vessel we use.

I'd prefer to use a form since they are a more user-friendly UI but am up for options. The biggest thing is we can't have more than 2 people sign up per date.

Is there a way to conditionally format a form so that if a field (I have a column called "closed" which is populated with "Yes" if two people sign up) is not blank, don't show that option? I can build something in SharePoint but folks don't need to be connected via VPN for Smartsheet so I thought I'd try here first.

We do not have Dynamic View.

Thanks much!

Andrea

Andrea Zenner

Program Manager | Infrastructure & Operations

Apogee Enterprises

EAP | Mobilizer | Core Product Certified | Superstar

azenner@apog.com

Best Answer

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Andrea Zenner

To add to Zachary's excellent advice.

You could have a Dashboard with the form on one side and the available times on the other.

We could then add a so-called helper column that checks which meeting they booked and move that to another sheet or similar to show that it's not available.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Andrea Zenner
    Andrea Zenner ✭✭✭✭✭

Zach I like that idea! I'll try that!

Andrea

Andrea Zenner

Program Manager | Infrastructure & Operations

Apogee Enterprises

EAP | Mobilizer | Core Product Certified | Superstar

azenner@apog.com