Formulas with cells containing cross-sheet references

I have a sheet where I'm collecting survey results (using the COUNTIF function) from another sheet. It's a simple survey, all questions are true/false, and I am trying to create a formula that will list which result is dominant for each question. In other words, if I get more "True" responses than "False", I want the formula to return Introvert as the dominant answer (if "False" responses are greater than "True" the formula would return Extrovert as the answer, and if they're the same it's a Tie). When I try to run any kind of simple formula off the two columns running the COUNTIF formulas (pulling from the destination sheet), I always get an #UNPARSABLE error message. Trying a different approach I get an #INCORRECT ARGUMENT SET error, and that may be a formula error.

Below is an image showing a formula I'm currently trying with no success:

Is it not possible to create a formula using cells with data derived from an cross-sheet reference? Is there an error in my formula? As I stated above, even a simple formula like =True@row - False@row returns an #UNPARSABLE error. If I can't do the formula as written above because of a system limitation, I'd love any ideas for a workaround.

Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!