Approval Workflow to Multiple Persons

Options
2»

Answers

• MarcinP
    MarcinP ✭✭
    edited 05/22/22
    Options

@Dennis Wierzbicki - Hi, have you sorted out your issue?

I have a 10 approval workflows that covers approval requests (for purchasing broad list of items) from different departments and depends on department, approval request has to be sent to the relevant manager for initial approval. Then, depends on decision, if approved it has to be yet approved by top manager, if declined - only notification is sent to the originator.

Each initial approval request is addressed to different manager, but the answer is stored in one, common column for all answers. Also, the top manager's decision is stored in single column, obviously.

Each workflow is basically a copy of the other workflows. The only difference is the manager's contact.

The problem is, that automation keeps sending multiple notifications to all originators rather than for only this one that really put new request into the system...

For example:

I enter new purchase request, system sends new request to dept's manager. If it's approved, systems sends another request to the top manager and at this point everything works ok, but when top manager approves the request, system sends notifications to all workflows, instead to the relevant one...

A a result I am getting 10 separated notifications with information at the bottom of each one: You are receiving this notification because you are subscribed to a workflow 1.

And the other one: You are receiving this notification because you are subscribed to a workflow 1.

And so on... to 10.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @MarcinP

The reason you're seeing duplicate notifications is because all 10 workflows are using the same Top Manager approval column.

This means that when that Top Manager Approval changes, it triggers the second half of all of those workflows (regardless of what triggered the first half). See: Approval workflow behavior

I would suggest using a Condition Block after your Top Manager Approval before the Alert so it only sends out to the relevant dept manager. See: Condition Blocks: Filter What Your Automated Workflows Send

Cheers,

Genevieve