Issues with @mention

Hey Community!

Has anyone had issues with users being able to use the @mention feature? I have a user who cannot access this on one of our sheets, by typing the @ symbol, or by selecting in comment pane (it isn't there), but that can @mention in other sheets. Any help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Note: The user cannot do this at Editor OR Admin privileges. I can use this function as an admin, and other editors can. When I @mentioned the user, they could do it back directly to me, but then still cannot in other lines.

Answers

• Hi Cassie,

Very strange that it's both localized to one specific sheet and one specific user, regardless of permission. My initial suggestion would be to ask this user to try accessing the sheet from different browsers, or to try using Chrome in Incognito mode (see here for more troubleshooting steps, or here for system requirements for Smartsheet).

If neither of this has worked, I would contact our Support Team if you haven't already, providing them with the sheet name, email address of the user, screen captures, and information on the browser troubleshooting you have tried.

Thanks!

Genevieve

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!