Combining two forms into one sheet for one report

Hi,

I have two sheets that are being populated by forms that staff will be filling out. I have created a third tracking sheet with columns that I want to auto-populate using some of the fields from each form so that I can create one master sheet with condensed information and create a report to display on a dashboard (not all information from both sheets/forms is necessary to display). These forms do have one variable in common (Site ID) that I would like this information to reference. I cannot determine which type of formula is best to auto-populate the columns on the third sheet. Any advice/suggestions? Thanks!

Answers

• Here are a few screenshots. 1. The Initial Contact Form, 2. the Follow Up form and 3. the master sheet I want information auto filled into

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/11/20

Hi Heather,

You’d need to use a VLOOKUP or an INDEX/MATCH formula combination to collect the information.

Make sense?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Connor Hartford
    Connor Hartford ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Heather,

I think you might want to look at the work flow a little differently. You can do it the way you are doing it but it will be very manual to add items to your third sheet.

I would consider have just (1) sheet, that does both forms.

From what it looks like to me you are getting an initial contact request and then asking internal people to update that request and follow up.

To verify this works 100% the way I am thinking, I would need to see the forms you are creating but I this is how I would go about it:

This way the initial creation of the row or form submission is automatic. Then people are updating that row and staying on that row for follow up and such. Then it's very easy to make a reliable report off of that because you are maintaining 3 sheets.

I hope this makes sense, let me know if you have any questions.

Connor

Connor Hartford

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!