Looking to understand mail merge options: how to email from a sheet and get info back to that sheet

Hi Smartsheet community,

Hoping you can tell me what might be possible here / point me in the right direction.

This is what I'm basically looking to do.

• I have a job board, and need to invite people to update certain postings. Think of this as a table of jobs + related info listed by recruiter name.
  • I want to email the recruiters a formatted note (with certain text), and in the body of that email pull-in a few data points on their posting (job title, application deadline date, etc.)
  • The point of the email is to get them to update me on the status of their posting. I could have them email me back with the info, and then I could log it, but I'm wondering if there's a way for me to have their response get logged directly back in the job board Smartsheet (in the relevant row that contained the info included in their specific email)
  • It is critical that the recruiters only see their roles, and not others', and they will not be willing to login to Smartsheet or some other platform

I know I could do a Smartsheet form/survey and log responses that way, but I'm trying to share info from a data set in the response request, and then actually get the response back into that same data set (in the right spot).

Is there a way to do that, or should I just keep it simple and have them reply to the email?

Thanks in advance,

Peter

Best Answer

Answers