Sheet Summary Formula #Invalid Data Type

AaronM
AaronM ✭✭✭
edited 06/12/20 in Formulas and Functions

I have a countifs formula that is returning #invalid Data Type error in the sheet summary. The reason for the error is that I have blank cells in the finish date column range. How would I add an iferror or something similar to the following formula to cause it to ignore the blanks?

=COUNTIFS([Renovation Complete]:[Renovation Complete], true, [Finish Date]:[Finish Date], (VALUE(MONTH(@cell)) = 6))

Thank you in advance for your help

Best Answers

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Try wrapping your Month(@ cell) in an IFERROR formula like below. It will set all blank fields as 0 which will ignore them.

=COUNTIFS([Renovation Complete]:[Renovation Complete], true, [Finish Date]:[Finish Date], IFERROR(MONTH(@cell), 0) = 6)

Hope that helps!

• AaronM
    AaronM ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Thank you, Mike. That did work. I had tried that prior and couldn't get the paranthesis in the right spots. You nailed it. Appreciate the support and quick response.

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

If you could accept my answer that would be greatly appreciated. It looks like you accepted your own. :)

Answers

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Try wrapping your Month(@ cell) in an IFERROR formula like below. It will set all blank fields as 0 which will ignore them.

=COUNTIFS([Renovation Complete]:[Renovation Complete], true, [Finish Date]:[Finish Date], IFERROR(MONTH(@cell), 0) = 6)

Hope that helps!

• AaronM
    AaronM ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Thank you, Mike. That did work. I had tried that prior and couldn't get the paranthesis in the right spots. You nailed it. Appreciate the support and quick response.

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

If you could accept my answer that would be greatly appreciated. It looks like you accepted your own. :)

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!