Populate a cell using a formulae without adding the formulae to the cell you populate

I don't know enough about formulae to know if this is possible. What I want to do is populate a cell based on a checkbox in another column being selected but without adding a formulae to the cell I want to populate (so adding the formulae somewhere else). The reason is that any cells that are not populated will have a dropdown and users will be assigned manually. When the project is over I would like to reuse the sheet so i don't want to have to go back in and add all the formulae to the cells that were manually changed.

The first part is easy:

=IF([Include in update]62 = "TRUE", "N/A")

I put this formuale into the 'Person assigned' column and when the box is checked it writes 'N/A'. I want N/A to be written to this column when the box is checked but I want to do this by writing the formulae in another hidden cell. Is that actually possible? If not is there another way to reset a sheet to its original state without having a copy (bearing in mind that most of the rows are populated with text at the start of the project).

Best Answer

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!