Can attachments be associated to specific cells?

...or at least can the sheet attachments be somehow linked to specific rows?

I am managing the intake of new hire trainees and have a row for each new hire. In the sheet, I have all the training agendas for the classes; some of which are not taken by everyone, it's the classes are specific to the position for which they were hired. Therefore, I want to send the row to the new hire and attach only the training agendas specific to the position. ...or, if I had a column where I identified which training class(es) the new hire would take, then I would like Smartsheet to associate the attached training agenda to the cell that identifies which class the new hire would take.

Is this possible?

Answers

• Hi @steven.nienaber105336

There currently isn't a way to automatically copy attachments to rows based on a drop-down selected - please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment!

Based on your set-up, you may be able to create different workflows with an alert email sent out with the row data when something triggers it. Then you could add conditions so that a different email goes out depending on what training classes are selected. In these emails you could have different URLs as hyperlinks for them to access the files... but in this case I'm not quite sure where you would want to host the files.

You could potentially have them in a google drive account? Or you could create a Dashboard per class that includes the training agenda and other helpful materials.

It would be helpful to see a screen capture of your sheet and an example of the attached file to keep thinking of other options, but please block out any sensitive data.

Thanks!

Genevieve

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!