This is really a report question, I cannot use a date in the What section of building a report.

I am trying to build a report based on a date field.  In the sheet, I can filter on and use the date field every way I need but when I try to build a report on the same sheet, that date field is not available when I come to the "What" filter of when building the report.  I can literally see the field almost disappear in the dropdown when I am scrolling down the in the dropdown provided when you choose the "What" step. I want to be able to create a report that only shows rows that have a date range or of the current year. I don't want to manipulate the sheet to create another column but that might be my last resort. I have changed the format of the date field to several different date formats without success. Any thoughts? Thank you

Thank you,

Kevin

Happy to help if I can.

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer)

Tags:

Best Answer

Answers

• Kevin Smith
    Kevin Smith ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Matt,

I have really mixed emotions about your response. On one hand I am really happy it is so simple but on the other, I am upset that it was so simple. Either way, thank you for taking the time to answer. I think I got it in my head that When was when I want the report to run. Sorry to have taken your time but I have learned this and won't make the same mistake. Thank you.

Thank you,

Kevin

Happy to help if I can.

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer)

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!