Disappearing icon bar in Chrome

Paul Grim
Paul Grim ✭✭✭✭✭

Anybody know why the Smartsheet icon bar would disappear in Chrome? This has happened more than once, so it appears to be a bug. The only thing that fixes it is to close the browser tab and re-open the sheet in a new tab. Here is what it looks like when it happens:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

I have not seen this behavior happen in Firefox. I wonder if it could be extension-related? Weird.

Smartsheet Certified Product User

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Paul,

There is a setting.

Look here.

Did that fix it?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Paul Grim
    Paul Grim ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/18/20

@Andrée Starå If only it were that easy! That icon is also on the icon bar, so when the icon bar disappears, so does the icon you're referring to.

It just happened again on one of my sheets I'm working in, so here's what it looks like when all the icons are missing:

I did confirm that the icon bar restores itself when you refresh the browser tab -- no need to close and re-open the sheet. But still, kind of an annoying glitch.

Smartsheet Certified Product User

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Paul Grim

Yes, weird. Try the browser in Incognito Mode. If that works, you can try disabling one extension at a time.

Let me know how it goes!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Kyle Morgan
    Kyle Morgan ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have been experiencing the same issue for a while. It is beginning to become a bit of an annoyance. Has anyone tried incognito mode/disabling extensions in Chrome? If so, any luck?

This seems to happen most frequently while building reports (a Summary Report in the example below) and adding or removing columns via "right-click, add column".

Thanks!

Kyle