hide progress bar symbol for no values

Is there a mechanism in the formula to hide the progress bar symbol when the row should not contain a progress bar (i.e. work may not apply)?

I have the following formula that works fine, but if an item is out of scope, I don't want there to be a progress bar shown at all.

=IF([AMS Complete]3 = 0, "Empty", IF([AMS Complete]3 = .25, "Quarter", IF([AMS Complete]3 = .50, "Half", IF([AMS Complete]3 = .75, "Three Quarter", IF([AMS Complete]3 = 1, "Full", IF(AND(ISBLANK([AMS Complete]3),ISBLANK([In Scope?]3),"","Empty"))))))

Answers

• SoS | Dan Palenchar
    SoS | Dan Palenchar ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You can change the order of the logic to first check if the item is in scope. If no, have it equal "", if move on to modify the progress bar. I am using a checkbox for "In Scope?" but it would work for other column types if you change the =0 to fit the criteria in question.

Formula

=IF([In Scope?]@row = 0, "", IF([AMS Complete]@row = 0, "Empty", IF([AMS Complete]@row = 0.25, "Quarter", IF([AMS Complete]@row = 0.5, "Half", IF([AMS Complete]@row = 0.75, "Three Quarter", IF([AMS Complete]@row = 1, "Full"))))))

Output

👨🏼💻 Dan Palenchar | School of Sheets Solutions Consulting | Smartsheet Aligned Gold Partner

If this helped, help me & the SSC by accepting and reacting w/ 💡insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, and/or ❤️Awesome!

PS - If you have a follow up response tag me @SoS | Dan Palenchar so I get notified of your reply!

• Thank you so much Dan. It looks as though I needed to control the visibility essentially in the first IF statement and then if it was visible to then display the progress.

I really appreciate the assistance there!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!