Re-assigning the Approval Requesting.

Hi There,

I have developed a workflow with 5 Managers Approval request. I want to know if it possible for a manager to re-assign the approval request to another manager if they don't own the sheet?

Kind Regards

Nkosi

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Nkosi,

Yes, it’s possible.

One possible method would be to add a comment, and that would trigger an update request where they can select the other manager.

Make sense?

Would that work?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi Andre,

We tried your suggestion but it did not work maybe I did not understand.

Kind Regards

Nkosi

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@nkosikhona.msani89271

Ok.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi @Andrée Starå just to make it easy: I have an intake sheet that takes requests once the request have been submitted it needs approval from the CAB Team, the team is made of 5 people, (i.e. Member1, Member2, Member3, Member4 and Member5) and the approval is in series that is Member2 will only approve once Member1 has approved, Member3 will only approve once Member1 and Member2 have approved, Member4 will only approve once Member1 and Member2, and Member3 have approved and Member5 will only Approve once Member1 and Member2 and Member3 and Member4 have approved.

My question is: Is there a way I can change the name of Member2 just in case Member2 is on leave and request needs to be executed before he/she comes back from leave?