Report - calendar view not showing

Hey!

I created a report for current users to see their time in calendar view on the dashboard. I published it and added the link onto the dashboard. When I enter information, I can see it on my end; however, no one else can see it on their end based on their current user.

Any one have any suggestions on how I can get other viewers to see their stuff here?

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Are they shared to the underlying sheet?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Brianna Kempfer
    Brianna Kempfer ✭✭✭✭

Yes, they are shared to the sheet.

• Hi Brianna,

If you're using the Current Filter setting, make sure that you've selected the correct Advanced Setting for the Report Widget... you'll want it to be set to Dashboard Viewer (see here!)

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Oh, my apologies, I jumped the gun. If you're using a Published Link to embed this then there will be no information, as the "current user" looking at the report will be "published user". Can you use a Report Widget instead?

• Brianna Kempfer
    Brianna Kempfer ✭✭✭✭

I couldn't get the report widget to show in calendar view.

• Yes, you're correct, the Report widget currently isn't able to show Calendar view.

You could have the Report Widget in Gantt view show the Current User with a link to the Calendar view... or you could embed a Published Link as a Calendar, but then this couldn't be filtered based on Current User.

What if you used a Published Link to the Calendar view of the Sheet, and created a number of different shared filters that each user could select to just see their own data?

• Brianna Kempfer
    Brianna Kempfer ✭✭✭✭

We have over 400 users that will need to filter and we do not want all employees having easy access to others time entries, so that would not work having the different shared filters for everyone.

Is there any other work around that we could use for employees to view their own time in calendar view?

• Ah, yes that does make it tricky. In that case, I can't think of any way to display a calendar on the dashboard with "current user" from a Report. @Paul Newcome, would you agree, now that we know more?

The closest thing I would suggest is that instead of embedding it directly in the dashboard, I would provide a quick-link from either a Shortcut Widget or as an Advanced Option action behind an Image or Report widget to bring users to the Report's Calendar view. Please also Submit an Enhancement Request for this when you have a moment!

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I've been thinking on it quite a bit actually, and I think the best/safest recommendation I can suggest would be as @Genevieve P suggested...

Either a Shortcut widget or an Interaction on a Report widget.

That and an Enhancement Request.

The only thing I could think of involves a form on a separate sheet with cross sheet references and using that form as a kind of "log in", but even that could potentially present confidentiality issues if the browser is refreshed.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!