conditional formating is not working

Hello!

I am unable to determine what is preventing this simple conditional formatting rule to apply to my sheet.

There are two in the image below. The orance/emergency request works perfectly.

I was able to confirm that the common issue of task bar was not selected/configured (screenshot).

Can anyone offer other advice/things to check?

Greatly appreciate your time!

Thanks!

Amanda

Best Answer

• Amanda Gann
    Amanda Gann ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Thanks for your reply, Paul.

When grabbing screenshots to show the column properties, i just realized my error on this.

Solution:

Rows are fed into this sheet from both another sheet and intake form. There was a duplication of the column header "Special Handling Request" - (with slight difference between the wording).

So when i was adding the conditional formatting rule, i needed to have scrolled further in the drop down and select the appropriate column.

Thanks all for your help!

Answers

• Hello @Amanda Gann ,

At a first glance, it does appear that this should work. As a test, I would suggest attempting to change the chosen colour of the first rule to something like Red, just to verify this is not occuring due to screen settings.

If that doesn't work, you may want to reach out to our support team here for further assistance: https://www.smartsheet.com/contact

Kindest Regards

Sean

• Amanda Gann
    Amanda Gann ✭✭✭

Thanks Mr Sean Morgan, I have tested changing the colors, as well as tested changing the rule order. I have also deleted them both and started anew and getting the same result. I should have mentioned that in my original post.

I'll see if contacting support helps. Thank you!

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
  • Amanda Gann
    Amanda Gann ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Thanks for your reply, Paul.

When grabbing screenshots to show the column properties, i just realized my error on this.

Solution:

Rows are fed into this sheet from both another sheet and intake form. There was a duplication of the column header "Special Handling Request" - (with slight difference between the wording).

So when i was adding the conditional formatting rule, i needed to have scrolled further in the drop down and select the appropriate column.

Thanks all for your help!

• Amanda Gann
    Amanda Gann ✭✭✭

Hey there,

When getting screenshots of the column properties, I discovered my error.

Detailing the solution here.

Rows are fed into this sheet from another sheet and from an intake form. There was a repeat of the column header Special Request in question (was not exact match, but very similar).

When I adding my conditional formatting rule, I needed to have scrolled further in the drop down and selected the correct column option.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

My next question was going to be about the column spelling to see if maybe there was another one similar. Good catch. 👍️