formulas not copying down

I run into issues with my sheets where the formulas do not copy down when new rows are entered. I understand that the new row cannot be blank and have clarified that to the users, but this is going to be a recurring maintenance issue.

I have a fairly simple build where I am tracking billable time for a team. We are currently in beta test, so it’s a good time to get this figured out. If I can’t rely on these formulas, I need to change the build or scrap it entirely.

Would formulas written in the summary sheet alleviate this problem or will I run into the same issue?

I would appreciate your suggestions! Let me know if you need additional information.

Sheet: Responsibilities List_Brittany H

Tags:

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Kelli,

How are the rows added?

What formulas are you using?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Kelli.Cook
    Kelli.Cook ✭✭✭✭

The rows are added manually by the users. The formulas are dependent on the user indenting rows to create a parent row. The parent row is pulled into a report. I have to count on a few users not following some of the directions. :)

I can't think of a way to make it fail-safe. Open to suggestions!

Billable Hours by Week: =SUMIFS(CHILDREN([Task Duration]@row), CHILDREN([Billable / Overhead / PTO]@row), @cell = "Billable"

Total Hours This Week: =SUM(CHILDREN([Task Duration]@row))

Hours Remaining: =SUM(40, -[Total Hours This Week]@row)

• Kelli.Cook
    Kelli.Cook ✭✭✭✭

I am still struggling with this function.

Is it possible to run these formulas in the Sheet Summary by applying a checkbox at the Parent Row?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Kelli.Cook

Yes, it's probably possible.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!