Create a Milestone Report for Resource Names

Options
Pamela Wagner
Pamela Wagner ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have a project intake sheet that has a column for department resources where you choose the people who work will work on the project so this cell can have from 1 to 12 names in it. I need a report that will pull the names out of that column and note the project that they are on ala a gantt. So instead of seeing a list of projects on the left of the chart and the gantt with the timeline on the right, I need a list of resource names on the left and the timeline of each project on the right (or just add the resource names to the chart but individually so the chart will be much longer).

Current Project List Report:

New Report Sample:

Not sure how to get the report wizard to do this. Thinking I need another sheet that will pull the resource names out of that cell and then add in the project names and start finish for each project, then I can create a Gantt type chart that you see above. Not sure how to create that initial sheet/report though.

Best Answers

• Pamela Wagner
    Pamela Wagner ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Genevieve P this is super close! I've tried it and it works and I get the concept. Is there anyway to pull out just the particular Resource's name into that Assigned To column? That would make it cleaner. I have a report where the creator added in a helper column but not sure why it's there:

I am not sure how he got the resources pulled out of the master sheet where it has multiple names per cell. This list then populates another report where you see the number of projects coming out to the right. I'm mostly interested in how he got the names pulled out and it that can be used somehow in what I'm trying to do.

Answers

• Pamela Wagner
    Pamela Wagner ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Genevieve P this is super close! I've tried it and it works and I get the concept. Is there anyway to pull out just the particular Resource's name into that Assigned To column? That would make it cleaner. I have a report where the creator added in a helper column but not sure why it's there:

I am not sure how he got the resources pulled out of the master sheet where it has multiple names per cell. This list then populates another report where you see the number of projects coming out to the right. I'm mostly interested in how he got the names pulled out and it that can be used somehow in what I'm trying to do.

• Pamela Wagner
    Pamela Wagner ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks @Genevieve P ! This helped a lot!

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options