Gantt Project Settings - Changes made by owner are not flowing through to users

Options

HELLLPPPPP

We are updating the Timeline view in the Gantt project settings - however when other users open the gantt view they do not see the changes.

To be more precise we are changing the "secondary headings" to "Days"... which is important for the team to see. We thought maybe making the change in mine (being the owner) it would flow through to other users - but all other users only see this in weekly view (not granular enough).

We have managed to get the handful of licensed users to change their own, however many of the team members are unlicensed viewers of these Gantts so they are unable to modify the project settings on their own to get the day view.

Has anyone had this issue? Or is there a work around we can achieve?

thanks so much

Best Answer

• Ben Goldblatt
    Ben Goldblatt Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @SammyMorey

There isn't currently a way to set a default view for a Gantt timeline such that every user viewing the sheet will always see the same view that the owner sees and only the sheet owner and collaborators with Admin-level sharing permissions have the ability to access and make changes to Project Settings (click here for more info on adjusting the Gantt timeline).

I highly recommend submitting a Product Enhancement Request to ensure that what you're looking for is considered as a possibility for future development.

Thanks,

Ben

Answers

• Ben Goldblatt
    Ben Goldblatt Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @SammyMorey

There isn't currently a way to set a default view for a Gantt timeline such that every user viewing the sheet will always see the same view that the owner sees and only the sheet owner and collaborators with Admin-level sharing permissions have the ability to access and make changes to Project Settings (click here for more info on adjusting the Gantt timeline).

I highly recommend submitting a Product Enhancement Request to ensure that what you're looking for is considered as a possibility for future development.

Thanks,

Ben