Combining Information from Two Reports

Purnima Gore
Purnima Gore ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi

To make data entry easier, I am using multi-select.

When it comes to reporting this makes the process difficult because I want to create a pivot table to show where the items appear in each individual category. My example below will probably make it easier to understand.

Menu Items are:

• Full English Breakfast
  • Soup
  • Sandwiches

Using multi-select I show that

• breakfast is available at Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.
  • soup is available at lunch and dinner
  • Sandwiches are available at lunch

The pivot app function has the same issue as exporting the sheet to excel it combines the multi select into a single cell which means that it doesn't allow me to report in a Pivot in either the app or excel.

Unless I create a separate line item for each place where the "full english breakfast" appears on the menu, I cannot achieve what I want.

I know that Smartsheet sheets are flat files for want of a better word because it isn't a database and whilst the multi select has helped with gathering the data, it isn't really great for then doing data work on it. It may be that I am missing something. I have gathered data for a much larger project and I need the ability to split and report on data.

Will have to switch to Airtable as I don't really want to create a single line item for all of the data entered and it would be faster for me to be able to create the reports there.

Has anyone had the same requirement and found a resolution for this?

Thanks

Purnima

Purnima Gore

Cierr Limited

Your Time is Important, you want to Stay on Track, We can help you use the Right Tools

https://www.cierr.com

Answers