Creating Bar Chart with multiple dates

I would like to learn how my data needs to be organized with sheets and/or reports in order to show a bar graph with multiple dates. I have tried several methods, but have not been successful.

Is there a specific instructional video? If not, can someone provide guidance?

Below is the chart I am looking to create for clarity.

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

What kind of data are you collecting? Where would the dates be on the chart?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Alison Antisz
    Alison Antisz ✭✭✭✭

I am collecting survey data for 17 items (on various levels of completeness).

I would like to show the initial results for the item status and then the secondary results in the same bar graph. (ex Site A was 20% complete in January for item 2, and in June the site is 60%)

I created a column in the first sheet that lists the first day of collection.

The second sheet also has a column with the 2nd collection day.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

All of your data will need to be collected on the same sheet to be displayed in the same graph.

You should be able to use two columns. One for each point with the rows being for each of the 17 items.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

10xViz.com

• Alison Antisz
    Alison Antisz ✭✭✭✭

Is there a way that I can combine the data besides copy/ paste? There seems to be a limitation to the amount I can copy into a new sheet.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You can use cell linking and/or cross sheet references.

10xViz.com

• Alison Antisz
    Alison Antisz ✭✭✭✭

I am not having success with the linking or cross sheet references. There are several hundred lines.

Is there a way to see an example of data that is organization in a way to show my desired chart?

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure why you have hundreds of rows. You said there were only 17 items at two points in time. Try having your data laid out like so...

Chart Label Column.........January Column............June Column

Item 1.......................................20%................................60%

Item 2.......................................15%................................70%

Item 3.......................................25%................................50%

so on and so forth

10xViz.com

• Alison Antisz
    Alison Antisz ✭✭✭✭

I have over 150 collection points for the the 17 items.

• Alison Antisz
    Alison Antisz ✭✭✭✭

I had some level of success. See below for a small portion of the locations, with 2 time periods displaying overall completion %.

Ultimately I would like to display the changes in a graph like below, not separate one as I am currently seeing. Is there anyway to accomplish this? Thanks for you continual assistance.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Can you provide a screenshot of your layout that you are using for the graph?

10xViz.com