Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Card View - top enhancements suggestion

kefir
kefir ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hello,

I find the Card View very helpful. In order to take it to the next level of usability, I would like to see the following enhancements:

-Ability to edit fields straight from the Card View: checkboxes, dropdowns, etc

-Full conditional formatting (more than just the task bar)

-Card sorting (withing lanes/bugets) in sync with the Grid View sort

-mobile app support

-highlight changes implemented in the card view

All that would make it easier to use it as a primary/only view, without switching back and forth, and more comparable to competing solutions I also use like Trello or Microsoft Planner.

Tags:

Comments

• Heidi Decker
    Heidi Decker ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/19/17

Hi Kefir,

I know this doesn't address all your requirements but on the ability to edit when in card view is already possible. Just clip on the card and a pop up box with all the fields will appear. Just make your changes and say OK.

Peace

• kefir
    kefir ✭✭

Hi Heidi, yes, just to clarify, I was referring to be able to manipulate the fields straight from the card view, without the popoup. Regards,

• Sorting by date in card view is what I need. I import leads to the top of my sheet, but then when I go to card view the newest entries are at the bottom of the lane. I use the search function to address this, but sorting by date is much needed. 

Chris

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Here Here Cherry,

I'm really looking for a way to view our activities by priority and by date.  And the card view is a nice visualization for this - EXCEPT that we can't sort by date or view by date.  In fact, we can't sort by anything in card view.

Hey Smartsheet.  There are over a dozen posts in the forums asking for sorting within card view, going back years.  Please give us an update on this one.

This discussion has been closed.