Charts

Hi, I can't find a good solution on the below configurations for the formatting of charts with those options available in Excel, is there something I missed?

• Changing colors of data display (e.g. bars)
  • Changing font size/position of data labels
  • Selecting certain rows in a table for plotting the chart instead of continuous rows

Thanks.

Best Answer

• firestorm
    firestorm ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello,

1) Change Colors of the data Display: In the "Series" section, you can pick the category and change the color assigned to it.

OK I just realized I could, thanks!

2) Change the font size - Only for Headers: In the "Titles and Legend" Section, you can change font and font size

Yup but I am looking at changing the font size and color of the data labels :)

3) Position of Data Labels - you can change the position of the Legend (Top, Bottom, Right, or Left) in the Titles & Legend Section also

Again, not the legend, I mean the data labels on the bars, for example.

4) Selecting Certain Rows in the Table for Plotting the Chart: Create a Report to select the rows you want, and then use that use that report as the source data for your chart.

OK, this is like an additional step.

Thank you!

Answers

• firestorm
    firestorm ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello,

1) Change Colors of the data Display: In the "Series" section, you can pick the category and change the color assigned to it.

OK I just realized I could, thanks!

2) Change the font size - Only for Headers: In the "Titles and Legend" Section, you can change font and font size

Yup but I am looking at changing the font size and color of the data labels :)

3) Position of Data Labels - you can change the position of the Legend (Top, Bottom, Right, or Left) in the Titles & Legend Section also

Again, not the legend, I mean the data labels on the bars, for example.

4) Selecting Certain Rows in the Table for Plotting the Chart: Create a Report to select the rows you want, and then use that use that report as the source data for your chart.

OK, this is like an additional step.

Thank you!