Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Formules

Options

Hi team!

Is it posible to increase more characters to input formules.

Look at my project: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/home?lx=UfDi3JXtI8hV-rK6MjeRWQ

Comments

• Benjamin Walker
    Options

Gilberto,

You have used a Secure Sheet Link which requires users to request access from you to view their sheet. If the information is not sensitive you may want to replace it with a publish link instead. I was unable to view your sheet to comment.

• Rob Hagan
    Rob Hagan ✭✭✭
    Options

I am interested in this topic, as our largest formula is just under the 4,000 character limit. I have had to alter logic and shorten the names of fields (with the consequential flow on effect of having to update various reports that use those fields) to stay within the limit.

On the other side of this discussion, it appears that the "savable size" of a sheet (the size above which where it won't save) is a combination of (at least) the number of rows, the number of columns and the size of formulas. Allowing larger and larger formulas may exacerbate the challenges around such "almost not savable" sheets.

This discussion has been closed.