Skip Columns while uploading Data using Data Uploader

We have installed Data Loader and connected Google Drive for testing purpose. Do we have option to restrict columns to be updated.

Example -

Source sheet is having 16 columns

Target sheet is having 1 to 16 columns should extract data from source sheet and rest 17 to 20 columns are having formulas.

I was able to successfully bring data from source to target sheet. But for some reasons, its wiping out formula for 17 to 20 columns.

CAN WE RESTRICT the smart sheet NOT to touch the 17 to 20 columns. Please assist

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Tamizamuthan Vedachalam

How have you configured your workflow? It sounds like you may have your workflow set up to Replace entire rows, which will replace any columns with the content from your original file, including adding blank cells instead of keeping pre-written formulas. Instead, you will want to choose Merge rows, and then under Mapping you can choose what columns will be updated with the merge/workflow.

Alternatively, if Replacing rows is better for your process, yet you need columns 17 - 20 to contain formulas, you can set these formulas up as Expressions within the workflow (versus writing them in the sheet). This will add the formula in when new rows are added (see the section under Map Columns in this Help Center article).

Let me know if this makes sense! If you'd like further help, it would be useful to see a screen capture of the source sheet, target sheet, and how your workflow is set up with the column mapping and if you're merging or replacing rows (but please block out any sensitive data).

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Hi Genevieve,

Thanks for your response. I was expecting immediately reply, since I was working in a deadline to complete. As an alternate solution, I made the rows to be uploaded in the same sheet. I created a separate sheet and written all of the formulas, referring to the data sheet

Now the NEW challenge is. As mentioned I above, I made the settings to REPLACE the values, so its replacing the entire rows and the formulas I written another sheet referring these values are getting error-ed out. After triggering the job, I need to go the formula sheet and perform manual refresh and click SAVE.

Do we have any option to fix this problem

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Tamizamuthan Vedachalam

Would you be able to provide a screen capture that shows the sheet with values, and another that shows the sheet with formulas (but block out any sensitive data!). Then it would be helpful to see the cross-sheet formulas that you're using (copy/paste). Cross-sheet formulas should update as the source sheet updates, but it may depend on the type of formula you're using, which is why I'd like to see your specific set-up and do some testing.

Thanks!

Genevieve