Index Match only returning first index option?
Use index match to return a column name based on which column in a given range has the maximum value of that range.
I can only get 1/5 of my return options to work, and only when I add 1 as 'column index' field to the Index formula (usually column index is optional- I've never needed it in any other SS or Excel index match)
Addressing the Obvious:
- All column types are text/number
- Match/Search value is formula driven; known EXACT match in search-range (aka no keying errors)
- Formula is drag-copied down (aka no keying/syntax errors)
What I've tried:
- manually adjusting the column index to 2+ does not change/fix the return
- manually removing column index on erroring lines does not change/fix the return (remains "#INVALID VALUE" in all cases)
- adjusting the remaining return options to alpha-only (i.e. "second option" instead of "1-30BT") does not change fix/the return
- removing column index returns "#INVALID COLUMN VALUE" on previously working rows