Percentage Complete based on Status

Options

Hello!

I have a list of 38 objects (planes, trains, automobiles, what have you...) and I want to find out what the percentage complete is for either based on status. Is there a way for me to gather a total % complete based on status? For example if 10 planes are set as either a status of Active - Stationary, Active - Revenue, Active - Test out of 38, while the rest have a status of Maintenence, that total should be 26% complete.

Thanks!

Answers

• SoS | Dan Palenchar
    SoS | Dan Palenchar ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Nick Rozaklis

To answer this question can you answer the following:

1. Is % complete for a specific item dependent on status? In other words, does the status of Active - Stationary always equal X% complete? If yes, what are the % complete values for each stage?
    2. The "total % complete based on status" you are referencing, can you explain what you are trying to accomplish here in more detail, for example do you want to, (a) get the average percent complete for all of the individual objects, (b) get the average % complete for all items with a certain status, (c) something else?

A screenshot of your sheet would be helpful.

👨🏼💻 Dan Palenchar | School of Sheets Solutions Consulting | Smartsheet Aligned Gold Partner

If this helped, help me & the SSC by accepting and reacting w/ 💡insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, and/or ❤️Awesome!

PS - If you have a follow up response tag me @SoS | Dan Palenchar so I get notified of your reply!

• Nick Rozaklis
    Options

Hi @Dan Palenchar

If an item has a status of Active - Stationary, Active Revenue, and Active - Test = 100% complete.

If an item has a status of Maintenance = 0% complete.

I want to see what percentage of complete I am based on the 38 items in either Active or Maint.

• Nick Rozaklis
    Nick Rozaklis ✭✭
    edited 08/07/20
    Options

I've tried this formula =IF(Status1 = "Active - Revenue", "100%") but I can't seem to adjust it correctly to recognize that when all three "Active" status' are set to equal 100%

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!