track % complete based time elapsed

I have been working on this for hours and can’t seem to figure it out and can’t find proper support on line. This one is a time sensitive metric I am trying to get on our dashboard for our stakeholders to see. Any help you can give me would be great

I want to track % complete based time elapsed in a current schedule based on linked information to a master Gantt schedule. Then I want create a metric widget for my dashboard that shows start date, end date and % complete based on time??? 

Answers

• Stefan
    Stefan ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jason Jones ,

you could use the NETWORKDAYS formula to calculate the working days between start and end. With that number do %calculations with your own definition of progress rules.

hope this helps

stefan

Smartsheet Consulting, Solution Building, Training and Support.

Projects for Processes and for People.

• Stefan,

Thank you for your response. For some reason when I use that formula on my link cells it gives me #INVALID DATA TYPE?? But when I use a date range in a metric sheet it works fine. Am I not able to use linked cells?

One other question with the progress rules how would I get the % to increase as time continues in the schedule, eventually reaching a 100% when the schedule is complete?

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!