Look-up formula to reference data in another sheet

I am looking for some help with a formula that would look up a resource name and pull their total departmental allocation for a given month into a another sheet. Here are screen shots of both sheets - the one on the left is where I want it to find the highlighted # and drop it into the cell on the sheet shown to the right.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Best Answer

Answers

• David Joyeuse
    David Joyeuse ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Nichole,

If I'm reading you and understanding your pix rightly, then the numbers you want to display in the "Departmental Allocation" of your right sheet is the total number of the resource on the line depending on the month & year?

I'm asking because Watching your pix:

• John Smith has a 45 Total deparmental allocation on 9/1/2020, yet your pix on the right shows nothing.
    • Jane Doe has a 45 Total deparmental allocation on 10/1/2020, yet your pix on the right shows 10.

If all you want to do is watch the total departmental allocation of each resource, I would rather suggest to use a report where you only display the "total" lines.

• Unfortunately this is for a feed into Power Bi so a report won't do the trick :-( I'm wanting the the numbers from the left to populate to the sheet on the right so that the sheet on the right can be used for the feed. Does that make sense?

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!