vlookup using information in Gantt chart

multiple layers of questions here.

1) vlookup is unable to locate the cell data. the data for the comparison looks the same, no odd spacing or misspelling, however, they are sub tasks in the gantt chart. I've tried both true and false for the last term in the vlookup.

2) permissions - so I'm using info from a internal only document to broadcast some dates live to a customer in a separate sheet. in the documentation for Vlookup, it makes it sound like that people in the customer doc need viewer access the internal doc inorder to see the output (if we can get it to work) is this true?

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I will start with #2 since that is the easier of the questions... No. They do not need access to the reference sheet to be able to view the output of the VLOOKUP.

Now on the the harder part...

Are you able to provide screenshots of the sheets with sensitive/confidential data removed, blocked, and/or replaced with "dummy/mock" data?

Can you copy/paste the formula from the sheet to here?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Paul, funny thing.since it will be impossible to redact the info in my original, I created a dummy space reflecting the same setup to share and I didn't have a problem my formula, it returned the date correctly. I copy/pasted 2 cells from the 2 sheets that should be identical into a 3rd sheet, and used an if statement to compare then, and the sheet judged them to be "=". still not reading correctly in the originals though

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ok. Then that leads us to a different set of trouble shooting steps. Try this...

Remove the formulas. Log out. Clear your browser's cookies and cache. Log back in. Manually retype the formulas.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

10xViz.com

• ugh. I'll have to try it later, have to much active in other windows and sheets to flush the browser right now.

Thanks for the input, I'll give feedback when I can get to it later.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I know the struggle. Ugh is right. If you have access to other internet browsers you can open a new browser (make sure you're logged out of Smartsheet) and clear that one. Then log back in and try the formulas.

10xViz.com