Comparing 3 columns, one of which is a checkbox and returning days since.

Options

If Already Released? checkbox is checked, return nothing ELSE If the Revised Release Date is blank, then look at Planned Release Date -Baseline and determine how many working days we are past due. If Revised Release Date is not blank, use that field to determine how many working days we are past due.

=IF(ISBLANK([Already Released?]@row, 0, NETWORKDAYS(IF([Revised Release Date]@row <> "", [Revised Release Date]@row, [Planned Release Date (baseline)]@row), TODAY())))

I'm getting an incorrect argument error and I think it is where I'm joining the If Already Released? ISBLANK statement withe the NETWORKDAYS statement

Best Answer

• David Joyeuse
    David Joyeuse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @sbrelage

=IF(ISBLANK([Already Released?]@row), 0, NETWORKDAYS(IF([Revised Release Date]@row <> "", [Revised Release Date]@row, [Planned Release Date (baseline)]@row), TODAY()))

You just forgot to close the ISBLANK Function with a ) :)

Hope it helped

Answers

• Sarah Brelage
    Sarah Brelage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Anyone have any good ideas on how to fix this formula? I know I am close but, again, think I'm missing a , or () between the ISBLANK and NETWORKDAYS statements

• David Joyeuse
    David Joyeuse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @sbrelage

=IF(ISBLANK([Already Released?]@row), 0, NETWORKDAYS(IF([Revised Release Date]@row <> "", [Revised Release Date]@row, [Planned Release Date (baseline)]@row), TODAY()))

You just forgot to close the ISBLANK Function with a ) :)

Hope it helped

• Sarah Brelage
    Sarah Brelage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

David,

That fixed the formula but I must have something wrong then in my logic. What I would like it to do is if Already Release? is Checked return a 0 value in my column. The column is tracking how many days past due the release is and I don't want it to keep tracking the days if the the software has been released...

Thanks

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!